Thursday, April 3, 2008

Hey, remember me??

I've been in Namibia for over 5 months now. Sometimes it seems just like yesterday that I got here. I'm loving it! Despite some occasional homesickness, especially around the holidays, the time is FLYING by. Speaking of coming home, I guess it's time to break the news that I'll only be home for about 6 weeks and then I'll be returning here. But the good news is I'll be home in 1 week! I've changed my tickets to leave here a little early so I could be home for a little bit longer.

Now I know for most of you my plan to return here isn't a shock but it has taken a bit of internal struggle to say I'm returning indefinately. At this point, I'm not putting an end date on my commitment. When we told the kids I'd be returning, one of the boys asked me if I was staying forever. Ha! I got a kick out of that… I was unsure if he was trying to get rid of me or if he really wanted me to stay. Turns out he was hoping for the latter… who knew he cared?! Anyway, it made me feel pretty good that the general consensus is in favor of me staying. Recently an American visitor told me he thought I seemed really at home here. It was a really nice compliment! Honestly, I could see myself staying forever if I could transport my family and friends here. The biggest struggle is being away from all of you there especially my family. But for whatever reason God has me here for this season of my life and I've found peace here.

So at this point my two main prayer requests are this: 1) that the paperwork for my extended work visa goes through quickly, 2) God continues to provide the funds I need. I really dislike fundraising, but it is a necessary evil to continue this work. He SO richly blessed me for these 6 months through many of you. Please pray with me that he again provides financial resources for the future. If you know of any churches or groups that would be interested in having me speak about this work here while I'm home please let me know.

Can't wait to see you all!! (If you are in Rochester, I'm planning on coming out for the Lilac Fest with my dad.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jess,
Yeah, you're coming home! I consider myself one the people not surprised that you'll be going back there, though :) Praise God that you are at the center of his will, doing the work he has for you right now! Wahoo! Looking forward to seeing you!! Need a place to stay when you come to the Lilac festival (or at least a place to shower?) Love you.
Rick (& Sara)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, greetings from Rochester. Thanks for updating us on how things are going. I'll continue to pray for you, and your prayer requests. Love ya, Dustin

Anonymous said...

Jess, sorry I missed your phone call! Can't wait to see you. Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica! Pappert Place expects a visit when you are in town for the Lilac Festival. It is the weekend of graduation so Tara and I will be busy but we would love to see you. By the way, we are heading to Philadelphia for residency and we have a tentative buyer for the house. We are so happy for you and are excited that you are continuing you ministry in Africa!!

Anonymous said...

:D / :(

krazytrina said...

Jess!!

HI!!! :) I found you through Cassie's blog, so great that you have this! Anyways, sending you lots of love and smiles! and hugs!! :)

have a great day, and hapy traveling dear!

Love always,
Katrina